Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Anky Spanky era, the rant, & Edward's new ride (no not the vampire!)!




I am sooo behind… I have two videos… And a partridge in a pear tree… But this below was started a while ago so…



BC



Before camera…

 fade backwards in time... 

The rain is driving me to insanity! The boards are boring because they are more normal than usual and the crazier folk who take up about 40% of my entertainment quota are probably in the nice sunny weather riding their dang horses…

Q111   1aq      1          q2wsazsza       1          `111q


Okay the above “`Q111           1aq      1          q2wsazsza       1          `111q” was my 10 month old daughter :D


Love that girl :D



I committed cotherside recently it’s a form of forum suicide… I do this regularly so no need for counseling sites to be posted.

 Anywho, it started with this lovely video




Edward Gal the former rider of Totilas… Riding Romanov and up and comer :) 



Of course it was posted as a “look at this lovely ride” post but then quickly slinked in the tittering meanderers…



Tisk tisk tisk, you think THAT is lovely? He is being ruined, and the tail tells a story, and the hooves are not nearly as shiney whenever Edward rides him, sniff, sniff, oh please someone tell me when did this flingy footed circus movement become popular? Anyone? The old days were soooo (fill in the blank), the klapsical book on my desk says, (mutter mutter mutter)…



I still dunno why I have to argue with anyone when I call Edward the top rider in the world… His highest scores ever says so and any other sport has no trouble calling a spade a spade even if they don’t like the team, player, sponsors, the sport itself…


But, whatev.


So after the picking and pecking had gone on long enough to make me start to get a little batty I posted this:



Its entirely incredible!

The same folks who will tell you how simple it is to ride GP and how most of the top riders are doing it wrong, will also come on here and mystify the new dressage rider into believing that there is a majical way to do even the basics and how incredibly difficult the lower levels are... Its not easy... But it is just horse riding for goodness.

Simple horse riding turns into a mythological thing where you need a Pegasus to perform a leg yield.

It takes years in cothland to develop a horse for simple contact... YEARS and YEARS if they are below the age of ohhh I dunno 8...


No matter that the Europeans ride a horse in light contact from the first ride... Here you MUST jog around with loose reins and then build up towards the moment where you can touch your horses face like you are losing yours and your horses contact virginity... Having trouble? You must not be majical enough.

If your horse is refusing to go forward? He must be made for jumpers... Don't bring your dressage hating prejudice horse here! Dressage and forward are synonymous don't you know! And no other discipline needs proper training like we do.

No matter that he wasn't even doing training level.. He MUST need a job change because he must have sniffed out it was that ole nutty dressage riding he'd heard about and he wants NONE of it and 'knows" that when you take the slightest bit of rein up... That that leads to collection.. He says no thank you because he needs to jump or be a trail horse. Yes send your well bred purpose horse to do trails because it wouldnt be that he needs a new trainer/rider/owner/alfalfa flake...

Edward Gal? He must need lessons from me about connection... In about 20 years he can then do a piaffe... From the ground with a baroque pony and I'll finally be able to afford his clinic when he comes to town.

Rant over...





So I think it boils down to this… I call it the “Anky Spanky” The average rider disillusioned and attempting to make a social dressage knowledge climb because of the dirt found on various top riders (being that we are in a mobile video age) that otherwise would have remained buried deep. Good and bad in some cases.



I am a horse fan plain and simple. If you are hurting a horse and I am there to see it I will most likely roll my neck around and holler in that order, however I am not entirely sure that the aforementioned rider is exactly putting the choke hold on her horses as often as is assumed… I reserve my judgment.


Anywho, the Anky Spanky is an era where people feel that finding ‘fault’ with top riders somehow licenses THEM to not only comment on the abuse, or unfortunate training methods, BUT ALSO every other bit of dressage riding under the sun… BAR NONE!
 

Who cares if we are ammy riders still doing the 20-ish oblong meter cirle sorta square… We now suddenly can advise on Grand Prix work!

 BOOOOOO no name internet arm chair riders... Just boo!




No comments:

Post a Comment